Help and Support / Loads of Folders Changelog
Version 4 Changes
v4.2 - 17th May 2022
- Initial support for other languages
- Polish Translation
- Added "Send Translation Feedback" to help menu. Any feedback on translation very much appreciated! Nie potrafię dobrze mówić po polsku.
v4.1.3 - 6th January 2022
- Updated to macOS12 SDK
v4.1.2 - 10th February 2021
- Fixed Typo
v4.1.1 - 10th February 2021
- Fixed bug that could cause the leading zeros preview to display inaccurately.
v4.1 - 9th February 2021
- Padded and leading zeros settings.
- Positive and negative number settings.
- Added folder creation limit (999999 folders)
- Now autodetects if the user has switched order of start and end number.
- Improved icon squircle. (Thanks Allan!)
v4.0.2 - 6th February 2021
- UI now respects users global accent colour
- Added error checking for invalid characters
v4.0.1 - 5th February 2021
- New icon by Allan Raffel.
v4.0 - 5th February 2021
- Version 4 is a fresh start. Completely re-written in Apples modern frameworks Swift and SwiftUI for macOS11 Big Sur. Meaning faster performance and a nicer interface in the short term. And fancy new features in the long term
- Now on the Mac App Store for easy updates and access across all your Macs.
- Version 3 will continue to receive minor updates and bug fixes so users on older versions of macOS can still use it. See "Version 3 Changes" below for details.
Version 3 Changes
v3.2 - 6th of January 2022
- Loads of Folders 3 is now free to use with optional donation.
- Serial number no longer required required unlock full features.
- Removed preference window, all items relocated to the help and files menus.
- Slight tweaks to the UI to address issues on older operating systems.
- Fixed issue that would cause checking for updates on older operating systems to fail.
- Added menu bar item to buy Loads of Folders 4 from the Mac App Store.
- Added menu bar item to donate to support development.
- Renamed app to Loads of Folders 3 to avoid conflicts with Loads of Folders 4.
- Native Apple Silicone Support
- Support for macOS 11+ accent colours
- Added grayed out text to make it clearer when nothing has been input into the folder creation sections.
v3.0.1 - 12 September 2019
-Minor tweaks to the new interface
v3.0 - 11 September 2019
-Redesigned User Interface
-Folder creation path is now displayed in a path bar at the bottom of your window. And will be remembered between launches.
-Rarely used controls like buy, register and others have been moved to a preferences window. Accessible with the cog button on the toolbar.
-Emoji Picker button no longer requires accessibility access and works more reliably.
-Code improvements for better reliability
-Removed Specialist Folders Feature.
-macOS 10.15 Catalina support.
Version 2 Changes
V2.6.9 - January 15 2019
-Fixed Bug that could prevent the app from launching on some systems.
v2.6.8 - January 11th 2019
-Minor Bug Fixes
- Added Menu Option with guides for checking macOS privacy permissions.
- Added privacy description for apple events access permission in macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Fixed bug that could cause the app to not function on macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Fixed bug that would stop the Emoji button from working in macOS 10.14 Mojave
2.6.5 - September 8th 2018
-Re-enrolled in the Apple Developer Program.
-Updated Developer ID Certificate
-App is now notarised via the Apple Developer Program.
2.6.4 - June 13 2018
-Added Support for macOS 10.14 Mojave
-Added Support for Dark Mode
-Enabled Hardened Runtime
-Added option to send bug report after a crash
2.6.3 - June 4th 2018
- Added Window Resizing Support for new UI
- Added Emoji Button
- Added total folders created with Loads of Folder count to the status box
- Tweaked UI
- Minor bug fixes
- Added Option to share via the Micro.Blog app.
2.6.1 - May 5th 2018
Added Folder Icons to Interface as visual indicator of resulting folders.
Fixed Typos in Dialog Boxes
2.6 - May 4th 2018
-New Registration System
-Improved User Preferences System
-Demo Folder Limit Increased to 30
2.5.5 - May 3rd 2018
2.5.4 - May 2nd 2018
-Fixed bug that would cause Leading Zeros to be Calculated Incorrectly
-Added Warning if user accidentally created a negative number of folders
2.5.3 - May 2nd 2018
- Added Folder Creation Limit Alert
- Stability Improvements
2.5.2 - May 1st 2018
- Added Folder Creation Time info to Status Box
- Fixed Bug that would casue the app to crash when opening help.
- Speed Improvements
2.5.1 - April 30th 2018
-Added Specialist Folder Output to the Status Box
- Speed Improvements
v2.5 - April 30 2018
- Added a Status Box to the Main Window.
- Fixed bug that would stop custom spacers from appearing in notifications
v2.4.6 - April 30th 2018
- Added Change Notes to the Check for Update Window.
v2.4.5 - April 28th 2018
- Changed the check for update on launch behaviour from popping up a dialog to displaying a notification centre notification to make it less annoying.
v2.4.4 - April 28th 2018
- Removed Apple Developer ID temporarily.
v2.4.3 - April 28th 2018
- Modified Auto Update to work with HTTPS
v.2.4.2 - April 27th 2018
- *Experimental Feature* Added Sound Reports folder the Specialist Folder Menu.
v2.4.1 - April 27th 2018
- *Experimental Feature* Added Specialist Folder Menu to add single individual names folders with the numbered folders.
- Fixed bug that would prevent notification centre pop ups on 10.10.1
- Added Feedback and Feature Request button.
- Updated URLs to correspond to updated website.
- Fixed issue with developer ID signing
- Updated App Signing for OS X 10.9
- Added Option for adding Padded Zeros to the filename.
- Minor Interface Improvements.
- Added Support for adding Leading Zeros to filenames.
- User can now resize the window for inputting longer filenames.
- Redesigned User Interface
- Improved Folder Previews
- Mac OSX 10.10 Yosemite compatability.
Version 1 Changes
- Fixes a bug that would prevent the app from launching.
- Added Share, Rate and Support menu under the help menu to let users help support the app.
- Fixed bug where the Suffix would show in the wrong place in the preview window.
- Added a spacer box before the suffix.
- Updated user interface.
- Now also compatible with 32bit Macs.
- Loads of Folders will now remember your previous folder creation settings.
- OSX 10.9 Mavericks Support
- Fixed bug which would prevent app from launching if update server was down.
- 10.7 Bugfixes
- Improved Notification Center support for 10.8
- Improved AutoUpdate
- Added Suffix and Prefix options.
- Updated interface with added folder name preview.
- Fixed a bug where a start point higher than 1 would create too many folders.
- Fixes a bug with OSX 10.7 where nothing would happen.
- Now shareware.
- Added check for update.
- Added starting number option.
- Initial release.
✏️ I'm David McKeitch, a sound recordist and sound designer based in Glasgow, Scotland with 14 years worth of experience working on various styles of projects.
📄 CV | View as PDF
🎞 IMDB | View Credits
📞 Phone | 07933423827
✉️ Email | [email protected]
💬 Micro.blog | PeacheyMcKeitch
📷 Instagram | PeacheyMcKeitch